The Empty Hands (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) Blu-ray Region A
- This product is accepted for return under certain conditions. For more details, please refer to our return policy.
- Blu-ray Discs are exclusively compatible with Blu-ray Disc players, and cannot be played on conventional DVD players or HD DVD players.
YesAsia Editorial Description
Born and raised in Hong Kong, Mari (Stephy Tang) was forced to learn karate from a young age by her Japanese father (Kurata Yasuaki), a strict karate teacher who ran a dojo in their home. She eventually quit the sport out of spite, and father and daughter never quite understood or communicated with each other despite living together. After her father passes away, Mari dreams of closing down the dojo and living off rent instead. Her dreams are dashed when she learns that her father left half the property to his former student Chan Keung (Chapman To), who suddenly shows up at her home after being released from prison. Chan Keung makes a proposition to the aimless Mari: if she is able to win a martial arts match, he will unconditionally return the property to her.
This edition comes with making-of features.
|Product Title:||The Empty Hands (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) 空手道 (2017) (Blu-ray) (香港版) 空手道 (2017) (Blu-ray) (香港版) The Empty Hands (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) The Empty Hands (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version)|
|Artist Name(s):||Chapman To (Actor) | Stephy Tang (Actor) | Stephen Au (Actor) | Kurata Yasuaki (Actor) | Chen Jing (Actor) 杜汶澤 (Actor) | 鄧麗欣 (Actor) | 歐 錦棠 (Actor) | 倉田保昭 (Actor) | 陳靜 (Actor) 杜汶泽 (Actor) | 邓丽欣 (Actor) | 欧 锦棠 (Actor) | 仓田保昭 (Actor) | 陈静 (Actor) 杜汶澤 （チャップマン・トー） (Actor) | 鄧麗欣 （ステフィ・タン） (Actor) | 欧錦棠（オー・カムトン） (Actor) | 倉田保昭 (Actor) | Chen Jing (Actor) Chapman To (Actor) | Stephy Tang (Actor) | Stephen Au (Actor) | Kurata Yasuaki (Actor) | Chen Jing (Actor)|
|Director:||Chapman To 杜汶澤 杜汶泽 杜汶澤 （チャップマン・トー） Chapman To|
|Producer:||Chapman To 杜汶澤 杜汶泽 杜汶澤 （チャップマン・トー） Chapman To|
|Writer:||Chapman To | Erica Li 杜汶澤 | 李敏 杜汶泽 | 李敏 杜汶澤 （チャップマン・トー） | 李敏 Chapman To | Erica Li|
|Blu-ray Region Code:||A - Americas (North, Central and South except French Guiana), Korea, Japan, South East Asia (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) What is it?|
|Language:||Cantonese, Original Soundtrack|
|Subtitles:||English, Traditional Chinese|
|Country of Origin:||Hong Kong|
|Picture Format:||[HD] High Definition What is it?|
|Aspect Ratio:||1.78 : 1|
|Sound Information:||Dolby Digital EX(TM) / THX Surround EX(TM)|
|Screen Resolution:||1080p (1920 x 1080 progressive scan)|
|Package Weight:||100 (g)|
|Shipment Unit:||1 What is it?|
|YesAsia Catalog No.:||1064746016|
- Making of
Half-Chinese and half-Japanese Mari Hirakawa is the daughter of a Karate coach. Since her childhood, she was forced under her father’s training, and has resented Karate for as long as she can remember - her only wish is to sell the dojo after her father pases away. Following his death, Mari starts fantasizing about her life of freedom; however, she finds out from her lawyer that her father has only left her 49% ownership of the property, the other 51% was left to one of his worst pupils, Chan Kent. The two clash, and Chan has a proposition – if Mari is able to win a match in a legitimate martial arts competition, her will unconditionally give her his share of the property. Mari is trapped in a dilemma, and will have to make a choice that will change her life….
Other Versions of "The Empty Hands (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version)"
- Product Title
- Our Price
Hong Kong Version
- The Empty Hands (2017) (DVD) (Hong Kong Version) DVD Region 3
- Usually ships within 7 days