- ycec Editor's Picks By Category
- esid Editor's Picks - By Editor
- yca Feature Articles
- ycpc Professional Reviews
- Awards & Festivals
- ppid Music Pop Chart
- yceb Entertainment News
- About YumCha!
YesAsia 2018 Bestsellers - Japanese Music
Other big K-pop names like BTS, SHINee, Monsta X, GOT7 and BLACKPINK continued to rank high. BTS, in particular, is the second highest-selling artist with an album, a single and three concerts charting in the top ten. Seventeen, NCT 127, Red Velvet, Dreamcatcher, GFriend, Mamamoo and EXID all made their Japan debuts in 2018 and shook up the top spots.
Utada Hikaru's 20th anniversary album Hatsukoi is the only Japanese artist album in the top ten overall. The top ten singles by Japanese artists are Johnny's across the board with KinKi Kids leading the way for the first time. Though Arashi ceded the top spot, the group is well represented as the highest-selling Japanese artist with three singles in the top ten, the top-selling concert for the eighth consecutive year, and their 2017 album staying on the chart. Amuro Namie's final album also continued to chart along with new releases by Dir En Grey, Hamasaki Ayumi, Perfume and Johnny's groups Hey! Say! JUMP and Kanjani8.
The below rankings are based on Japanese music sales on YesAsia.com from January 1 to December 31, 2018.
BEST-SELLING J-POP ALBUMS OF 2018
| || |
BEST-SELLING J-POP SINGLES OF 2018
| || |
| || |
- YesAsia 2018 Bestsellers - Chinese Music
- YesAsia 2018 Bestsellers - Korean Music
- YesAsia 2018 Bestsellers - Movies
- Best Japanese Albums of 2018
- YesAsia 2018 Bestsellers - Half-Year Report
- YesAsia 2017 Bestsellers - Japanese Music
- YesAsia 2016 Bestsellers - Japanese Music
- YesAsia 2015 Bestsellers - Japanese Music
- YesAsia 2014 Bestsellers - Japanese Music
- YesAsia 2013 Bestsellers - Japanese Music
- YesAsia 2012 Bestsellers - Japanese Music
- YesAsia 2011 Bestsellers - Japanese Music
Published January 9, 2019