Vanished Archives (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) Blu-ray Region All
- This product is accepted for return under certain conditions. For more details, please refer to our return policy.
- Blu-ray Discs are exclusively compatible with Blu-ray Disc players, and cannot be played on conventional DVD players or HD DVD players.
YesAsia Editorial Description
In 1967, leftist riots broke out in Hong Kong and gripped the city in violence, tension, fear and unrest over eight contentious months. What started out as a labor dispute in May 1967 escalated into large demonstrations against the British colonial government, violent riots and terrorist acts. Leftists planted thousands of real and decoy bombs throughout the city in retaliation against the government crackdown. By the end of the riots in December, 51 people had died, hundreds had been injured, and thousands arrested. Though considered a watershed moment in Hong Kong history, the 1967 leftist riots are barely documented in local media and historical archives. Director Connie Lo examines and preserves this importance piece of Hong Kong history and memory in the documentary Vanished Archives.
|Product Title:||Vanished Archives (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) 消失的檔案 (2017) (Blu-ray) (香港版) 消失的档案 (2017) (Blu-ray) (香港版) Vanished Archives (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) Vanished Archives (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version)|
|Artist Name(s):||Wang Yong Xiang | Stanley So 王永祥 | 蘇 凌峰 王永祥 | 苏 凌峰 Wang Yong Xiang | Stanley So Wang Yong Xiang | Stanley So|
|Director:||Connie Lo 羅 恩惠 罗 恩惠 Connie Lo Connie Lo|
|Producer:||Connie Lo 羅 恩惠 罗 恩惠 Connie Lo Connie Lo|
|Blu-ray Region Code:||All Region What is it?|
|Language:||Cantonese, Original Soundtrack|
|Subtitles:||English, Traditional Chinese|
|Country of Origin:||Hong Kong|
|Picture Format:||[HD] High Definition What is it?|
|Screen Resolution:||1080p (1920 x 1080 progressive scan)|
|Package Weight:||100 (g)|
|Shipment Unit:||1 What is it?|
|YesAsia Catalog No.:||1067521610|
- Memory Makes Us Together
- Lau Man Shing: Returning to the Concentration Camp
- 1967 Bombing Campaign
- The British Soldier on Lion Rock
“Vanished Archives”is a documentary on Hong Kong’s 1967 Riots, which was considered as a watershed in the history of the city. Yet much of the historical records of this event mysteriously disappeared. To reconstruct this episode, Director Connie Lo Yan-wai and her team spent meticulous effort to retrieve data from eyewitnesses, and left wing organizations that staged the riot. Apart from oral history research, she also dug into tons of de-classified archives of the British government. Above all, she managed to unearth a notebook of Mr. Ng Tik Chow, who was then assisting Chinese premier Zhou Enlai in conducting and managing the riot. In his notebook he recorded in great details the exchanges between Beijing and the local communists and thus provides a glimpse of how politics was like during the traumatic period. “Respect the facts, and learn from the lessons. “This is the vision of the director.
Other Versions of "Vanished Archives (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version)"
- Product Title
- Our Price
Hong Kong Version
- Vanished Archives (2017) (DVD) (Hong Kong Version) DVD Region All
- Usually ships within 1 to 2 days
Customers who bought "Vanished Archives (2017) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version)" also bought
- No. 1 Chung Ying Street (2018) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) US$20.9912% off
- Red Dust (1990) (Blu-ray) (Digitally Remastered) (Taiwan Version) US$35.997% off
- G Affairs (2018) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) US$25.9910% off
- Still Human (2018) (Blu-ray) (Hong Kong Version) US$25.9910% off
- Last Exit To Kai Tak (2018) (Blu-ray + DVD) (Hong Kong Version) US$26.9910% off